An induction cooktop uses a magnetic field to cook the food quickly and safely. With its hassle-free cooking, ease of usage, energy-efficient, easy maintenance, and less space occupancy (compact), its usage has been increasing these days. When compared with electric cookers or gas stoves, its cook food quite faster with less operational and maintenance cost.
In India, we notice most induction cooktops have a single cooking zone/burner whereas multiple cooking zones are found rarely. Before buying an induction cooktop, one has to consider these three main factors.
Power – An induction cooktop with higher wattage will cook food quickly, as it faster the cooking time. Prefer to choose a cooktop with 2000 watts power for Indian cooking.
Pre-set Menu – Most of the latest induction cooktops come with a preset menu, which gets adjust the temperature of the appliance, as per the dish you’re cooking.
Control Panel – We notice knob, touch and button control panels in induction cooktop. Its best to choose the touch control panel, which is easy to operate, clean and look better.
Apart from these, they are safety features, pan detection, price and others to consider, which are clearly explained in the below “Buying Guide”. Go through the article to look at our induction cooktop list and how to choose the best one.
Best Induction Cooktop in India
|Induction Cooktop||Power Consumption||Preset Modes||Warranty|
|Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop||1200 Watts||9||1 year|
|Usha Cook Joy 3616 Induction Cooktop||1600 Watts||5||1 year|
|Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 Induction Cooktop||2100 Watts||6||1 year|
|iBELL Induction Cooktop||2000 Watts||7||1.5 years|
|V-Guard VIC-15 Induction Cooktop||2000 Watts||7||1 year|
|Preethi Excel Plus 117 Induction Cooktop||1600 Watts||8||1 year|
|Havells Insta Cook QT Induction Cooktop||1200 Watts||4||1 year|
Best Induction Cooktop in India Reviews:
Induction cooktops are getting popular, and most people (homemakers & bachelors) are using it. Due to the emerging of various brands in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the best one. So, we came up with a list of top 7 best induction cooktops in India, and you can pick the right one, as per your requirement.
1. Prestige PIC 20 induction cooktop:
Prestige is one of the best kitchen appliance brands in India with its varied product portfolio. This brand is trustworthy, popular, and fast-growing company in India.
Among its various induction cooktop options, this pic 20 model offers consistent and quick heating along with soft-touch buttons, anti-magnetic wall, safety, durability and elegance. All these allow you to have an easy, quick, and enjoyable cooking.
- Its unique power saver technology will monitor the vessel’s temperature and thus adjusts the power level based on the vessel’s size. It ensures to cook more food with less power consumption.
- Though it comes with a single burner, it offers quick and consistent heating at high efficiency and consumes 1200 watts power.
- This user-friendly cooktop comes with 9 preset Indian menu options to prepare Indian food at the touch of a button. But a flat bottom is an essential feature for any induction cookware.
- The anti-magnetic walls of this cooktop will ensure to heat-up only in the center of the black glass panel while leaving the remaining surface cool. They also stop the influence of excess magnetic radiation on its surrounding and thus make it efficient.
- It has an intelligent full procedure computer control that adjusts the temperature, and power automatically for different foods for efficient cooking.
- Its automatic switch-off feature will turn off this cooktop if nothing placed or left unchecked for a longer time. Thus, it avoids dangerous situations and food wastages.
- The inbuilt automatic voltage regulator will prevent voltage variance (high/low) and ensures the load gradually taken by the appliance for its effective performance and durability.
- With its soft feature touch buttons, this cooktop will restrict the entry of water into it and one can easily adjust/control the timer or other features by pressing either + / – button.
- Due to its flat and smooth cooking surface, one can quickly clean and easily maintain this appliance. Make sure to turn off the power and let it cool down completely before its cleaning.
- It is compact, lightweight and portable that can be placed or carried anywhere as per your convenience.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the product. For any queries, you can contact them at 080-33441111 on all working days from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Lightweight, compact, and portable cooktop.
- Power saver technology to adjust the temperature and power levels.
- Easy to use, clean and maintain.
- Offers 1-year warranty.
- Aerodynamic cooling system
- Soft feature touch button control
- Comes with Indian menu for easy cooking.
- Highly energy efficient that consumes 1200 watts.
- A few users say that it is not durable.
- Make some noise while running at a high temperature.
2. Usha cook joy (3616) induction cooktop:
Usha international company has gained trust from pan India and abroad customers with its high-performance products. They offer quality products at an affordable price and this cook joy IC 3616 induction cooktop is one among those best products. This product will fit perfectly in traditional or modern kitchens and thereby adds value.
- With its precise and instant heat application, this cooktop will only heat-up the center area to get direct contact with the cookware.
- This cooktop consumes 1600w power to make it highly energy efficient with consistent heating. It utilizes maximum energy without wastage of heat, as it is supplied directly to the cooking vessels.
- Its glass top is safe and remains cool to let you experience safe and flameless cooking without burning fingers. They have a copper coil and temperature control to have healthy cooking.
- One can cook versatile Indian dishes with its 5 preset menu options along with 1 additional manual control at the touch of a push-button. This will set the right temperature and duration automatically.
- Its built-in timer will let you control the cooking process for up to 3-hour automatic timer (programmable 180 minutes).
- It has an auto shut-off and a pause function to prevent power wastage. With its overheating protection, it switches off automatically to protect the cooktop from overheating.
- The portable design of this induction cooktop will make it easy to use, clean and maintain for a longer time.
- The cooktop has pan sensor technology to detect incompatible vessels and thus prevent power supply automatically.
- It also features a cord length of 1.2 meters to power it up flexible and has anti-skid feet to let it cook effectively.
- The ceramic plate on the top surface of the cooktop will distribute the heat evenly to the container. Also, it has inbuilt voltage resistant to voltage fluctuation for up to 1500v
- It is backed with a 1-year warranty against its manufacturing defects. For any queries, you can contact their customer care at 1800-1033-111 (toll-free).
- Power saving intelligence
- Consumes 1600w power to operate
- Variable timer and temperature settings
- Resistant to voltage fluctuations.
- Pan – sensor technology & power-saving mode.
- 5 preset Indian menu options along with a manual setting.
- Easy to use, clean and maintain.
- Push control buttons
- Poor customer service
- A few stated that the temperature shifts automatically to higher watts.
- Won’t work mostly on aluminum base vessels/utensils.
3. Philips viva collection hd4928/01 induction cooktop:
Philips is another best-selling brand for household items and kitchen appliances. This viva collection is one among those highly efficient products from the house of Philips.
- It uses electromagnetic induction technology for high heating efficiency and joyful effortless cooking. Even though, it cooks faster but preserves nutrition & vitamins in the food while cooking.
- It is a stylish, lightweight, compact and portable cooktop with microcrystal plate. You can place it anywhere on your kitchen counter space.
- It operates at 2100 watts power and voltage of 220 – 240 volts to cook your food safely and quickly than a gas stove.
- The auto-off program of this cooktop will cook the food safely and turns off automatically if left unchecked or timer is off.
- It hascool touch start buttons for ease of use and thus provides a safe and non-flame cooking feature and it has cool to touch surface for more comfortable cooking.
- This induction cooktop has programmed for Indian cooking with 6 preset cooking menus, which get automatically adjust the temperature.
- It has 2-meter cord length to allows convenient usage and flexible to move. One can easily set a timer for 0 – 3 hours to have perfect cooking and thereby turns off automatically.
- Like other induction cooktop brands, Philips is also offering a 1-year warranty on this product. For any product related queries, you can contact their customer service at 1800-102-2929.
- Customized Indian menus with 6 preset modes.
- 0 to 3-hour time setting
- Consumes 2100 watts power.
- High-quality glass panel.
- Auto-off feature for safe and effortless cooking.
- Touch start for easy use.
- Compact, portable and lightweight that suits for modular kitchens.
- Won’t have any inbuilt-voltage regulator.
- A few reported that timer function is not easy to use.
4. iBELL 2000w induction cooktop:
iBELL is an Indian brand which delivers high-quality products at affordable prices. They provide a varied range of induction cooktop that suits for every kitchen for safe and effortless cooking. This induction cooktop
- This induction cooktop has a stylish sleek design with high-quality crystal tempered glass and has 1.5 meters of cord length.
- It has an excellent control panel with press buttons and it is certified by Bureau of Indian Standards for safe usage.
- With its automatic voltage regulator, it can be used on super wide voltage adaptability and multi-functions.
- The overheat protection and auto shut-off safety feature will protect the cooktop and gets shut off automatically in case of overheating to prevent any accidents or food wastage.
- It has high-quality coils which provide an even cooking temperature every time to cook the food perfectly.
- It consumes 2000 Watts power and has power-saving technology that ensures to cook food evenly and quickly with less power and highly energy efficient.
- It offers a wide cooking range with 7 preset cooking options along with you can easily adjust the timer and temperature by using the buttons, as required for your cooking.
The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on the product and you will get an additional 6-months warranty upon registration on their website after purchase. For any queries, you can contact their customer service at 18008338331.
- Overheat protection and auto shut off safety protection.
- Super wide voltage adaptability
- Made with high-quality tempered glass.
- High-quality coils for even and fast cooking.
- Press button control panel.
- Poor customer service
- Produce some noise while operating at a higher temperature.
5. V-Guard VIC – 15 2000-W Induction Cooktop:
V-Guard Industries Ltd is a leading manufacturer of major electrical appliances in Indi. This VIC-15 is a powerful induction cooktop with intelligent design and polish finish, which ensures fast, convenient and enjoyable cooking.
- With its wide working range and in-built automatic voltage regulator, this cooktop is designed to operate in the voltage range from 100 – 270 V. Thus, it protects the cooktop without damaging.
- The 7-segment digital display which shows up to 4 digits (working status) to ensures a peaceful, safe and stressless cooking experience.
- Its advanced timer function will let you set time for up to 4 hours and after it gets switch off automatically.
- This cooktop is equipped with 8 levels to set the power, as cooking different dishes/items requires different temperature and power. So, you can get complete control overcooking.
- It has 7 preset Indian cooking functions, including a manual mode and also, it has a preset function to make the cooktop work in advance.
- The cooktop has high-grade crystalline polished glass to withstand even high temperature and has a sleek finish to ensure easy cleaning.
- It uses a copper coil to make it durable and has voltage and energy consumption indication while using the product.
- With its soft switch control panel, child’s safety lock, and 24-hour timer function and the digital display will help you to have safe and healthy cooking.
- It is backed with a 1-year warranty against any manufacturing defects. For any queries, contact their customer service on 18001031300.
- Digital timer control and power indicator.
- Fast heating function and also keep the food warm.
- Consumes 2000W power and has 8 power levels.
- Automatic switch off and spill-proof for perfect cooking.
- 7 preset Indian cooking modes.
- Not compatible with all types of vessels.
- Make some noise while operating.
6. Preethi Excel Plus 117 Induction Cooktop:
Preethi is Indian reputed kitchen appliance company, which manufactures efficient, contemporary, and easy to use appliances. This Excel plus-117 induction cooktop is the best efficient product that aids in safe, healthy and tension-free cooking.
- This cooktop is made with a high-quality ceramic plate, which can withstand even at high temperature and thereby makes it highly durable.
- It has a one-touch menu with 8 preset cooking options, including manual & function settings for healthy cooking of dishes.
- With its timer & temperature options, you can set the temperature and timer range, as per your requirement.
- It has a large heating base that helps to accommodate vessels with a larger base. Ensure that vessels are made of iron/steel/aluminum with induction base.
- It consumes 1600-watt power and operates at a voltage of 230 volts, which makes it highly efficient to cool all types of food.
- The longer wire cord length will make it use conveniently.
- The product is backed with a 1-year warranty on the product and thus get it repaired for free of cost within that specified time. For any queries, you can contact their customer service at 9940000005.
- Consumes only 1600-watt power and operates with 230 volts.
- One-touch menu & highly efficient
- Longer wire cord length
- A ceramic place to withstand even at high temperature.
- Offers 1-year warranty on the product.
- A little bit expensive product
- A few reported that touch buttons at the control panel are not up to the mark.
7. Havells Insta Cook QT Induction Cooktop:
Havells is another popular Indian company providing domestic and kitchen appliances from many decades. This Insta Cook QT induction cooktop is the best product with its high performance that comes at an affordable price.
- This Insta Cook QT induction cooktop consumes 1200 Watts power to have a safe and effective cooking process.
- It comes with 4 different modes of cooking, that includes manual, milk/tea, fry and curry modes.
- With its auto-pan detection, it alerts you to remove the improper cooking vessels or to place it centrally on the cooking zone.
- It has auto-power off feature will help to shut off the appliance automatically even when you forget to switch off.
- One can easily preset the timer (up to 120 minutes) to have a great cooking experience and this will let you complete other chores.
- A 1-year manufacturer warranty is provided against its manufacturing defects.
- Consumes 1200 watts power and has variable power control.
- 4 different modes of cooking functions
- Auto pan detection & Auto power off
- A preset timer of 120 minutes for safe and great cooking.
- Easy to use and easy to clean.
- Quick heating and energy-efficient.
- A little bit expensive product
- Won’t have any voltage regulator option.
Buying Guide for Induction Cooktop:
There are various factors to consider before buying an induction cooktop. To make you get a clear idea on what to consider and how to select your best option, here we came up with a buying guide.
Scroll down to know the things to consider when buying an induction cooktop.
Power (wattage) consumption is essential to know for a particular cooktop before buying. A higher power rate will ensure faster cooking. In general, most of the induction cooktop in India comes with 1000 – 3500 watts. Also, the power requirement may depend on the size of the cooktop. Simply, a cooktop with large size requires more power to have a better cooking performance.
In India, we mostly observe an induction cooktop with a single cooking zone, as these are small, portable stand-alone and inexpensive when compared with multiple cooking zones. Also, the cooking zones depend on the size of the cooktop. In case, if you want to choose multiple cooking zones, the pick the one with spacious enough to move around and thus perform multitasking with ease.
An induction cooktop offers various safety features to ensure a safe, happy, and effortless cooking. One has to look at these safety features while buying an induction cooktop.
- Auto-Pan Detection – A cooktop with this feature will ensure to turn off the heat/cooking operation as soon as you remove the cookware from the top. Also, it stops working if not used a suitable cooking vessel/pan.
- Auto-Shutoff – This feature turns off the heating element automatically after you remove the cooking vessel. In some cases, we may forget pan on the cooktop, even after it completed cooking, then its sensors will detect the overheating and shut off the cooktop automatically.
- Overflow Protection – There is a possibility of any spillage while boiling liquids like milk, tea, soups, or broths. The cooktop makes a beeping/buzzer sound to alert you and thereby gets switch off the heat automatically to prevent any mess and prevent any damage to the control panel.
- Child-Lock – Almost all the latest models have this safety feature. It is quite useful when you are away from the cooktop. When you activate this child lock safety, then only the power button works whereas others get locked. It will avoid the misuse of the appliance by kids and prevent injuries.
- Induction Coil – Check the quality of the induction coil before buying, to make it work effectively for a longer time. An efficient and quality cooktop should have a pure copper or aluminum coil.
The preset menu option is mostly seen in the modern induction cooktops. This feature will set the cooking temperature of the appliance based on the dish you’re cooking. Most of this menu options include boiling milk/tea, roti/chapatis, fry, curry/gravy, rice and others. So, choose the menu option to preset the temperature and enjoy perfectly cooked dishes.
Also, a few models allow you to preset the cooking time, reduces the temperature and thereby turns off. It let you perform other tasks without focusing on this dish.
Both are interconnected. Almost all the cooktops have the same pan size and if the pan is larger or smaller than compatible size, then the cooktop won’t detect the pain and thereby won’t heat up. So, it is essential to use cookware, which is compatible with cooktop.
Control panel is where one can find the setting options like power, temperature, on/off, and other preset options for their cooking. One can find the control panel in three types – rotating knob control, press button control and touch controls. However, the knob type panel is sturdy, whereas the touch panels are easy to operate and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, without any doubt, one can touch the surface of your cooktop. It doesn’t get heated up directly but make sure to avoid touching the bottom of utensil when it is hot, as it may cause a burn.
Most people assume that cooking on a gas stove is much cheaper and quicker than induction cooking. But the fact is that induction cooktops take less time to cook food and consume less power. Hence the induction mode of cooking is cost-effective in the longer run.
Cookware or pan with a flat base, and made with carbon steel, cast iron, stainless steel, and iron suits perfectly to cook on induction cooktops. The cookware made of copper, glass, or aluminum won’t get even heated on this type of cooktop.
The induction cooktop uses a different heating method. There is an electromagnetic coil under the glass or ceramic plate of the cooktop. Whenever you turn on the device, the electric current flows through the coil and produces a magnetic field. After placing proper cookware on its surface, the magnetic field generates electric currents at the vessel’s base. Thus, transfers to the food and cooks perfectly.
An induction cooktop is an excellent option to save time and money. These are more energy-efficient and safe when we compare with gas stoves or electric cookers. We hope our buying guide will help you to choose the right induction cooktop.
Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop is our top pick from the list. It consumes only 1200 watts power and comes with 9 preset menu options to cook a variety of dishes perfectly. It offers a 1-year warranty and can have various services in Pan India.