In a highly saturated market of in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000, it’s excruciatingly difficult to choose which pair to buy.
There are so many earphones that have hundreds (if not thousands) of reviews to sift through – most of them sounding the same, or saying things that aren’t that informative/useful to prospective customers in the first place.
That’s why, here at Techraja, we do the hard work of sifting through that data for you.
We analyzed the content of 57,000+ reviews line by line for over nineteen in-ear earphones. We found out what verified customers are actually saying about each product with respect to each of the features you care about (not just how many stars they rated it).
We crunched the data and compiled the results to help you figure out (in under 5 minutes) which pair of in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000 is the best for you.
You can click find out how we conducted the research in the ‘Why you should trust us?’ section. Below are the conclusions we drew from it.
Best In-Ear earphones Under Rs. 1000
Our research left no room to conclude anything other than the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones undoubtedly being the best buy under Rs. 1000.
With more than 1600 verified customers vouching for their absolutely stellar sound quality, they’re priced modestly at around Rs. 999 and give the overall best combination of features for the money.
They boast noise eliminating earbuds with drivers that deliver clear, crisp sounds and strong bass. And they come with four feet, tangle-free cord.
These earphones are designed and built with FSC Certified Sapele and beech wood, and aluminium that make them aesthetically pleasing as well as durable. They also come with a two-year warranty, so you’re covered just in case they break.
|Frequency response||18-20k Hz|
Here are the highlights that made this pair of earphones our top pick:
- Superior sound quality – Customers who left high-quality reviews left many more positive comments about the fact that it’s sound delivery is clear, crisp, and more powerful than other in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000
- Aesthetically Pleasing Design – It uses an exemplary wood and metallic finish that is built to last. Customers loved this.
- Tangle Free Wire – Many customers noted this design feature was very nice to have and well implemented.
- High-Quality Microphone – Many reviewers cited that this pair of in-ear earphones has a great mic that allows you to be heard even in noisy places when you have to take a call.
- Two Year Warranty – This is not something that is required by any means. But it is a definite “peace-of-mind” feature that only one other pair of in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000 offers.
Of course, no product is perfect and the House of Marley Smile Jamaica Earphones have a few downsides as well (though they will be minor trade-offs for most people):
- Bass Quality: Strong, not the best – Customers who left quality reviews seemed to agree that while the bass quality was good for in-ear earphones in this range, they weren’t the best available.
- “Average” Noise Cancellation – Customers agreed that the noise cancellation works well, but that it’s not as good as a few other earphones in this range.
That said, these negatives don’t deter us from choosing these earphones as our top pick. Out of all the in-ear earphones we analysed, these were without a doubt the best in sound quality, design, and functionality.
And the two-year warranty has you covered in the event something goes wrong.
For these reasons, we highly recommend the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones as our Best Pick.
Best In-Ear earphones Under Rs. 1000 (Runner-Up)
|Frequency response||18-20k Hz|
Out of all of the in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000 we analyzed, the Sennheiser CX 180 Street II In-Ear earphones were a very close competitor for our Best Pick, the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB.
As the highest reviewed in-ear earphones on all of Amazon India (16,000+), this pair of earphones includes:
- Great sound quality and bass
- Good noise cancellation
- A tangle-free cord
- Two-year warranty
- A slightly lower price than our top pick (Rs. 50-100)
Given the sheer quantity of reviews and the fact that it’s made by a company with the reputation that Sennheiser has in the audio world, you may be wondering why it didn’t make it to the top slot in our analysis.
All things considered, while the Sennheiser CX 180 is without a doubt a great pair of in-ear earphones, there were two things that made the difference for us: mic quality and (good but not great) design.
The mic doesn’t perform poorly by any means. But our top pick, the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB edged it out slightly in this category – and also in overall design.
Regardless, we have no problem recommending the Sennheiser CX 180 Street II In-Ear earphone as well. It’s a great pair of in-ear earphones, backed by the huge review base and a two-year warranty. Additionally, they are marginally cheaper than our top pick, so if saving a few rupees is important to you, this is a great choice.
Best Earphones By Feature
Based on our research, we have absolutely no hesitations to recommend House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones as our overall Best Pick. They are stellar in-ear earphones for the money and offer the best overall set of features.
And if a high-quality mic or excellent design isn’t at the top of your priority list, the Sennheiser CX 180 Street II In-Ear earphones are also a great choice.
But, we also know some features may be more important to you than others.
So if there is one particular feature you care about above the rest, here’s our recommendation for each feature category:
- Sound quality – Our best pick, House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones, is the clear winner. Crisp mids and highs, as well as strong lows, make this a great purchase for those after the best overall sound quality.
- Bass Quality – Our research revealed that customers prefer Soundmagic ES18 In-Ear earphones when it comes to the bass quality. Over 300 customers specifically mentioned this as a defining feature for this pair of earphones, while only 51 disagreed.
- Noise Cancellation – The best performer in this category is the JBL T-100A In Ear earphone with Mic. Almost 30 customers specifically mentioned these earphones as having great noise cancellation abilities, and only 2 people disagreed with them.
- Tangle-Free Wire – This feature isn’t essential, but it definitely boosts the convenience quotient. (that most models in this range don’t have). But given all of the other great features that come with our Best Pick, the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones, is the one we’d recommend for this category.
- Design – This is definitely subjective, but more positive reviews specifically noted that the design of Skullcandy’s S2DUDZ042 In-Ear earphones was top notch when compared to other available models.
- Mic – Our best pick, the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones, is the one we’d recommend for this category. It consistently was rated a top performer for mic quality with 76 positive reviews specifically mentioning it.
Why you should trust us
Any analysis of customer reviews has to start with understanding how Amazon ranks products on their best seller list.
It’s important to know that just because something is a best seller, doesn’t mean it’s actually the best all-around buy. Being an Amazon Best Seller means:
- A lot of customers have purchased that item
- That item has more “positive” reviews than its competitors (based on star count)
But there are ways in which Amazon sellers can fool the algorithm that calculates this and spike their sales and reviews to gain a ranking advantage (typically through giveaways and discounts).
While that doesn’t mean that all positive reviews are necessarily untrustworthy, it does mean that they may not always be a hundred percent unbiased. Customers are more likely to feel positive about an item if they know they got a huge deal on it.
There’s no way to know who is getting a deal or not – Amazon doesn’t tell you. But what we do here at Techraja instead, is look at the actual content of each review, not just whether it was positive or negative (how many stars).
Our analysts scoured the reviews of more than nineteen in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000 available on Amazon India (upwards of 57,000 reviews), looking for comments like “The bass is great and I can’t hear a thing apart from the music!” and disregarding comments like “Good earphone. Great price.” We also made sure that the reviews we read from verified customers alone.
The assumption being, reviewers who leave specific, detailed comments about the product features or buying experience were more likely to be genuine buyers who were giving an accurate, hands-on review than someone who hadn’t really used the product enough to give quality feedback.
We also used customer reviews to assess which features they liked and which ones they didn’t. The most popular features that customers cared about across all in-ear earphones under Rs. 1000 included:
- Sound Quality
- Bass Quality
- Noise Cancellation
- Tangle Free Wires
- Mic Sound Quality
- Design & Durability
These features dominated the response from high-quality reviewers and were what we based our final conclusions on.
We highly recommend the House of Marley Smile Jamaica EM-JE041-SB In-Ear earphones. For the money, the sound quality you get is outstanding, and the fact that they are well built and backed by a two-year warranty makes these a superb choice for anyone looking for a high-quality listening experience on a budget.
Here at Techraja, we’re committed to researching and analyzing tech products in-depth (not just on the surface level), to help you make a smart and informed decision on what to buy in 5 minutes or less. We do all our work to save you time and money. Stay tuned for more in-depth analysis.
Have friends in the market looking for a pair of earphones under Rs. 1000? If you found this review helpful, share it with them!