We are familiar with the brand JBL as they have been manufacturing premium sound hardware for more than 70 years now. Within this extensive period of time, JBL has managed to cover almost all sound equipment that includes a range of different hardware such as headphones, earphones, home theatres, and even soundbars in recent years. Thus, buying a soundbar from such a renowned company is a good idea as you will be investing in a reliable and high-quality product.
Soundbars are right now highly efficient for smart TVs as they complete the entertainment unit by providing a balanced yet rich sound quality. The sound quality gets even better if you decide to go with a soundbar manufactured from a premium brand like JBL. Therefore, we have decided to enlist the best JBL soundbars available in India that you can buy right now. But before you buy one, make sure you check out the following aspects for each product:
- Number of Channels: Just like home theaters, you will find soundbars available in different variants where they can be distinguished by their number of channels. In case you will have the option to choose between a 2.0, 3.1, 5.1, and even a 7.1 soundbar. In every case, the second digit after the decimal represents whether there is a dedicated subwoofer included with the soundbar or not.
- Connectivity Options: The connectivity options available on certain soundbars also affect their output quality. In most cases, you will find the HDMI connection available which is the best option to connect your soundbar to your TV if you don’t want any quality loss. Apart from the wired connectivity, you should also look for the wireless connectivity options in a soundbar so that you can easily connect your smartphone or laptop with the soundbar.
- Sound Level and Quality: To confirm the audio levels of a soundbar, you should take a look at its power capacity and size. Generally, high-power soundbars are larger in size and feature large audio drivers. This increases the possible sound levels of the soundbar without creating distortion.
Now that you know what to primarily look for in a soundbar, take a look at the best JBL soundbars available in India. There is also a buying guide available later in the article that you should follow before making a choice.
Best JBL Soundbar in India
|Best JBL Soundbar in India||Power Capacity||Connectivity Options||Warranty|
|Infinity (JBL) Sonic B200WL Bluetooth soundbar||160 Watts||Wired/Wireless||1 Year|
|JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Soundbar||300 Watts||Wired/Wireless||1 Year|
|JBL Cinema SB 231 2.1 Channel Soundbar||110 Watts||Wired/Wireless||1 Year|
|JBL Bar 2.0 Wireless Soundbar||30 Watts||Wired/Wireless||1 Year|
|JBL SB110 Powerful Wireless Soundbar||110 Watts||Wired/Wireless||1 Year|
|JBL Bar Studio Wireless Soundbar||30 Watts||Wired/Wireless||1 Year|
Best JBL Soundbar in India Reviews
1. Infinity (JBL) Sonic Bluetooth soundbar
Are you on the lookout for the most value for the money soundbar designed by JBL? Then you might not have to go through the entire list as our 1st pick, Infinity (JBL) Sonic B200WL will be a perfect choice for you. This is one of the premium picks from today’s picks that also features a dedicated wireless subwoofer which is great.
- It has a maximum power capacity of 160 watts which should be enough for even large-sized rooms.
- Considering the additional wireless subwoofer, it can deliver powerful bass that will bring out the most from your movies.
- The wireless subwoofer generates a deep sound that is expected from a premium subwoofer.
- Similar to the soundbar itself, the subwoofer also supports wireless connectivity that can be handy in the long run.
- The Infinity (JBL) Sonic B200WL supports Bluetooth connectivity so that it can be paired with your smartphone too.
- In case you want to play audio files via your USB flash drive, you can use the USB 2.0 port available on the unit.
- As for wired connectivity, it features AUX cable and digital optical cable support.
- A multi-functional remote is included in the package for the soundbar.
Warranty: JBL provides 1-year warranty.
Connectivity: USB 2.0, AUX, Digital optical, Bluetooth
- Best value for the money soundbar
- High sound level and quality
- Additional subwoofer included for strong bass capability
- Can be controlled wirelessly
- Quite large in size
- Need extra space to set up the subwoofer
2. JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Soundbar
Coming to our 2nd pick, this is a special purpose soundbar and also the most premium pick from our list. Due to its high power capacity, the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer is mostly suitable for commercial purposes. But if you want a strong unit for your home, you can prefer this option.
- It is the most powerful JBL soundbar on our list with a maximum power capacity of 300 watts. Such high powers can generate extremely loud sounds without any noticeable distortion.
- Features JBL’s surround sound technology via the large-sized soundbar that includes multiple audio drivers.
- It is a 2.1 channel soundbar. Thus, you will be getting a powerful subwoofer included in the package.
- The subwoofer provided with this unit supports wireless connectivity and still creates heavy bass output thanks to its 6.5 inches large form factor.
- You will find complete support for Dolby digital sound proceeding on this soundbar that will complete your cinematic experience.
- If you wish to stream audio directly from your smartphone, you can use the Bluetooth connectivity option available on the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Soundbar.
- It is one of the few soundbars in the industry that supports HDMI ARC connectivity. If you want to connect the unit to a different system, you can also use the included optical cable port.
- It is offered in a low profile design which is quiet compared to other options with similar power capacity.
Warranty: 1-year warranty available from JBL
Connectivity: Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, Digital optical
- Most premium soundbar from JBL
- One of the few options that allow HDMI ARC connection
- Heavy bass can be obtained
- Suitable for commercial use
- Power consumption is very high
- The significantly higher price tag
3. JBL Cinema SB 231 2.1 Channel Soundbar
In most cases, domestic soundbars are preferred to be easy on the expenses. Options like the JBL Cinema SB 231 are certainly one of the affordable picks considering its running cost for the balanced sound capacity.
- You will be getting a balanced 100 watts sound capacity on this unit which is perfect for domestic use.
- 1 channel soundbar from JBL that includes a wired subwoofer along with the soundbar.
- Even though the included subwoofer is compact, it generates deep and thrilling bass that can be considered viable for movies and music.
- Built-in support for Dolby digital available that will enhance your sound quality, given that your TV supports Dolby audio processing.
- Also includes wireless streaming options directly from your smartphone by using Bluetooth pairing.
- The JBL Cinema SB 231 is one of the few budget-friendly options that supports HDMI ARC connectivity which is necessary for uncompressed audio quality.
- The package includes all of the necessary peripherals like remote control, batteries, power cords, HDMI cable, wall mounting kit, and a quick start guide to help you out.
Warranty: You will be getting a 1 year warranty period
Connectivity: Bluetooth, HDMI ARC
- All necessary peripherals are already included in the box
- Supports wireless audio sources
- Can be used via HDMI ARC connection on the TV
- Comprises of the bass unit
- The subwoofer needs a wired connection
- The subwoofer is smaller in size
4. JBL Bar 2.0 Wireless Soundbar
If you are not one of the bass heads and want to simply enjoy a relaxing evening watching your TV, the JBL Bar 2.0 will be a perfect companion for your smart TV. This unit comes within a very affordable price range considering other options designed by JBL.
- Supports JBL surround sound
- With the JBL Bar 2.0, you will not find the need to connect any additional hardware as it is an all-in-one soundbar.
- Dual bass ports are provided on the soundbar for extra bass effect.
- Easy to use directly from smartphone when not in use with the TV via Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- The JBL Bar 2.0 consists of multiple input options. It has an HDMI port with an audio return channel, analog cable port, Digital optical port, and also an HDMI HDCP connection.
- You will not need to carry an extra remote for this soundbar as it can be programmed to work with your current TV remote easily.
- Because of its compact form factor, JBL Bar 2.0 fits perfectly even in the smallest space below the TV. It can also be placed in front of the TV without obstructing the view.
Warranty: Features a 1 year warranty period
Connectivity: HDMI with audio return channel, HDMI HDCP, Analog, Digital optical, Bluetooth
- Supports multiple i/o ports for versatile applications
- Great option as an entry-level soundbar for first-time users
- Does not require an extra remote for controlling the parameters
- Dual bass port included for sufficient bass output
- Sound capacity is too low
- Only suitable for compact rooms
5. JBL SB110 Powerful Wireless Soundbar
The primary reason for buying a soundbar over a home theatre is the limitations of the space around the TV. Thus, having an additional subwoofer is not suitable for many users as it takes extra space. JBL SB110 Wireless Soundbar is a unique option from our list that features a built-in subwoofer for a great bass performance without needing any extra space.
- The total sound capacity of the JBL SB110 Powerful Wireless Soundbar is up to 110 watts which are decent even for special occasions.
- This soundbar has built-in support for Dolby digital sound processing which is always nice to have in your soundbar.
- Consists of a built-in subwoofer that delivers high-standard bass without needing any extra space.
- Supports direct connectivity via Bluetooth for wireless music streaming.
- All in one wired connectivity option available via HDMI ARC connection
- No extra cables and connection required for the external subwoofer
- HDMI ARC connection supports high bandwidth connectivity for superior quality output.
- The high sound level paired with the deep bass effect is perfect for watching movies and playing action games.
Warranty: 1-year manufacturer’s warranty provided
Connectivity: Bluetooth, HDMI ARC
- Consists of a built-in subwoofer for intense bass effect
- Great sound capacity for the price
- Includes 4 woofers along with 1 subwoofer
- Perfect for every home
- Comparatively larger
- The built-in subwoofer is not as good as a separate subwoofer
6. JBL Bar Studio Wireless Soundbar
At the last position, we are bringing yet another highly compact as well as affordable soundbar from JBL. If you are not sure about your requirements, you can give this unit a try as it might be sufficient for your needs.
- It has a maximum power capacity of 30 watts which is suitable for families with children.
- JBL Bar Studio Wireless Soundbar has full support for JBL surround sound capability.
- All in one soundbar that also includes a dual bass port for a balanced bass propagation.
- Includes wireless connectivity option via Bluetooth for easy pairing with smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- As for the wired connection, there are a couple of options available that include optical digital cable and AUX cable ports.
- Unlike most other JBL soundbars, this unit does not require a dedicated remote control. It can be easily set up to be used with your TV remote.
- Various accessories like additional remote control, optical cable, AUX cable, wall mounting kit, and quick start guides are already available in the package.
Warranty: Backed by a 1-year warranty from JBL
Connectivity: Optical cable, AUX cable, Bluetooth
- Most affordable JBL soundbar in India
- Supports wireless music streaming which is great for ease of access
- Can be installed even in most compact living room space
- Does not require additional remote
- HDMI connectivity is missing
- Power capacity is too low
What Is A Soundbar & How Does It Work?
Over the years, there have been a lot of upgrades in the form factor as well as the output quality of a soundbar. The soundbars are continuously getting more and more compact while its quality keeps getting better every generation.
Premium soundbars from brands like JBL also support high-end sound processing software like Dolby Atmos and DTS X to provide the best sound quality possible. Although, you will still require an additional large-sized subwoofer if you want vibrating bass output from your speakers.
Buying Guide For The Best JBL Soundbar In India
Now, we will talk about the most important factors of soundbars that should not be missed while buying one. These factors will decide whether a particular option is suitable for your requirements or not. Therefore, we will recommend you to go through our buying guide at least once before you select a soundbar for your TV.
The main reason to buy an additional soundbar for a TV is to get a high-quality sound output from the TV which is not possible from the built-in speakers. Thus, the soundbar needs to be more powerful than the built-in speakers of your TV and should contain relatively larger speakers.
Another thing that affects the sound quality of a soundbar is the number of speakers involved in the unit. With a higher number of drivers, it can generate better surround sound and also have an increased coverage area. If you keep the above-mentioned factors in mind before being a soundbar, you will get a high-quality soundbar for your TV which will be an upgrade for your audio performance.
Audio Processing Technology
While considering the hardware features of a soundbar, don’t miss out on the software features as these also play an important role in sound generation. Considering you are going to buy one of the above-mentioned soundbars from JBL, you will be getting support for the most popular audio processing technologies like Dolby Digital and DTS. If you don’t know the importance of these technologies, take a look at the major differences between these audio formats.
Dolby: Dolby is probably the oldest and most popular sound processing technology in the industry. As a result, Dolby is not only limited to TVs. You can find Dolby sound processing even in some of the latest generations of smartphones and laptops. It is based on audio compression technology that provides an amazing sound experience. Dolby is known to generate high fidelity 2 dimension sound that can exactly point out up to 128 distinct locations within the soundstage.
DTS: DTS is rather a new type of technology used in TVs and it is getting more and more popular every day. DTS stands for digital theatre system and it somehow archives the same, a theatre-like sound experience right in your living room. While the DTS sound system was previously limited to home theatre systems, you can now find DTS technology supported in some of the premium soundbars too. The main focus of DTS technology is to generate richer and deeper sound quality without any additional noise.
Number of Channels
If you prefer the bass as much as lows and mids in your sound, you need to carefully check out this aspect before buying a soundbar. Similar to home theatre systems, soundbars are also represented with a certain number of channels given in the format 2.0. 2.1, 5.1, and 7.1 as well. This number represents the total number of audio drivers installed in the unit and whether or not it consists of an additional subwoofer.
To be more precise, the digit before the decimal point is the number of drivers in the unit. For example, if your soundbar has 2.1 channels, it has dual drivers enclosed inside the body. And the number after the decimal point simply refers to whether there is a subwoofer included or not. If the number is 1, there is a subwoofer included in the system.
Type of Subwoofers
Now that we are on the topic of the bass performance of the soundbars, let’s talk a little more about the subwoofers that are responsible for creating the bass in the sound. The bass is a sound that has a very low-frequency range. To generate such sound, comparatively larger drivers are essential as the bass is generated by higher displacement of the vibrating speaker driver. In the case of soundbars, getting perfect bass is possible. But, you must choose the right type of subwoofer.
If you want a true bass experience, with vibrating output, it is recommended to get one that has an external subwoofer included in the package. While you might need to free up some extra space for the additional subwoofer unit, you will be able to experience true bass output from your sound system. There are also a few options available that include a built-in subwoofer. While this type of subwoofer might not be able to generate an equally deep bass, it will certainly be able to notify you of the presence of bass in the sound.
After you have purchased your soundbar and installed it in your living room, you will come across different connectivity options that will allow you to use the soundbar with your TV as well as other systems in your home like smartphones, laptops, and tablets. It is very important to select a soundbar that supports the same connectivity technology as supported by your TV in case of a wired connection. While you can always use the wireless Bluetooth connection to pair the soundbar with your TV, it is not recommended as wireless audio quality is lower than wired.
You will have a couple of options enabled in soundbars as mentioned below:
- HDMI ARC port: HDMI is right now the best connectivity option considering all wired connection types. The main reason behind that is the capability of high bandwidth data transfer rate that allows propagation of uncompressed sound quality over the cable. When the audio drivers on the soundbar receive such high-quality signals, they can operate the audio drivers perfectly to generate the right quality of sound.
- Digital Optical port: The digital optical cables are somewhat a newer alternative for connecting your soundbar to your TV. These cables are specifically designed to eliminate the digital noise that is observed with other analog methods of connection, here, the sound is converted to digital flashes of lights which are transferred through the cable to the soundbar for further audio processing. While this method is very fast, it lacks superior sound quality and has a limited bandwidth capacity.
- AUX cable: The AUX cables are the most traditional audio/video connectivity technology which is being used for decades in TVs, DVD players, and speakers. The RCA cables are color-coded with respect to their ports on the TV as well as soundbars, which are also color-coded for easier connectivity. AUX cables support high-end sound propagation along with sound formats like Dolby and DTS. But, it generates digital noise when the cable gets older and dustier.
- Wireless Options: Coming to the wireless connectivity options, your best bet is the support for Bluetooth technology which can be found in almost every single smart device in our home. Whether it’s your laptop, TV, tablet, or smartphone, you will have Bluetooth enabled in your unit to pair it with a wireless soundbar. Also, the newer versions of Bluetooth support faster data transfer compared to older versions. In case you are looking for a more reliable wireless connection in a soundbar, you can opt-in for one that supports WiFi pairing.
By adding a soundbar in your living room, you are increasing the number of devices that need to be managed separately in your home. This in turn increases the requirement of an additional remote that must be present with you whenever you are watching the TV. If you have previous experience with multiple remotes, you must know that it gets harder to keep track of these remotes and they are harder to find wherever they are needed. Thus, you should prefer the soundbar that can be directly controlled by your TV’s IR remote. Even the placement of the soundbar is suitable for that is it is mostly installed directly below the TV. Although, if you are buying an IR-enabled soundbar, make sure you don’t block its IR sensor while installing the unit.
Type of Soundbar (Active vs Passive)
Coming back to the sound quality levels available on a soundbar, here’s another interesting aspect that has a great role in the sound quality of a soundbar. There are generally two important types of soundbars available and you will have to choose one between them. Whether you are going to purchase an active soundbar or a passive soundbar completely depends upon your requirement and usage.
The main difference between active and passive soundbars is the presence of amplifiers or receivers. Active soundbars have a built-in amplifier that makes them much easier to install and also heightens its output quality. In the case of passive soundbars, you will not find a built-in amplifier or receiver. Thus, it must be connected to an external device if you want the best sound quality out of it.
Now that we have covered almost every important aspect of a soundbar that directly affects its performance, let’s take a look at some of the exciting additional features of the soundbars. While these features are not exactly essential for the soundbars’ performance, they are good to have and increases the ease of access in most cases. Let’s take a look at each of these features separately:
- AI Voice assistant: It is somewhat difficult to find an AI voice assistant on a soundbar or a speaker in a budget-friendly range. But if you are going for a premium pick, this is a great feature that will make your life a little bit easier.
- Digital display panel: Having a digital display on the front of the soundbar delivers important information like the sound level, sound mode, name of the music, and other important notifications.
- Sound modes: As we all know, different types of situations are designed with different sound directions. Even while watching a movie, you will find different sounds in music, dialogues, and action scenes. Thus, your soundbar should provide you an option to select the proper sound mode to compensate for the scene on the TV.
- Equalizer: If you have previous experience with detailed sound settings and if you are a sound enthusiast, then you should prefer a soundbar that has an equalizer enabled. It will allow you to fine-tune your sound output precisely according to your taste.
Lastly, we will recommend you thoroughly check the reliability of the soundbar. This includes various parameters such as the built quality, external features, driver quality, and the warranty period allotted on the unit. As you are going to invest a considerable amount of money on a soundbar, it is only logical to make sure that it will last you a very long time. As we are considering JBL soundbars, you will be getting the standard 1 year warranty period on all of our picks.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You do not need to increase additional speakers to a soundbar as it is perfectly compatible with producing satisfying results on its own. Although, you will have the option to increase the sound levels on your unit by adding the spare speaker units that you might have in your home. You can either add additional channels to the unit for a better surround sound, or a subwoofer for an extra bass generation.
Subwoofers are the essential part of soundbars for those who prefer a deep and thrilling bass performance in their sound. Otherwise, it does not make much difference whether a soundbar consists of a dedicated subwoofer or not. For casual bass propagation, the built-in drivers are capable of producing sufficient low-frequency response.
The presence of a soundbar can be a huge improvement over your TV’s internal sound system in most cases. But, you should also take a look at your TV’s audio specification as your TV might already have better drivers than an affordable range of soundbars. There is no point in installing a budget-friendly soundbar if you have a premium TV that costs a fortune. Therefore, you should consider your TV’s sound performance and always buy a soundbar which is better in comparison.
Yes. Soundbase is a completely different product compared with soundbars. While a soundbar is a standalone unit that is capable of producing sound on its own, a sound base is a large rigid base that allows you to place your TV in it. With a sound base, you will be able to pair your TV with larger speaker sets like a home theatre system with ease. You should note that soundbars do not offer any audio drivers in them whatsoever.
Lastly, we will like to summarize our take on the best JBL soundbars available in India. As you must have observed while going through our list, there are quite a handful of options even if you select a particular brand like JBL before looking for a soundbar. As there are a lot of different users with varying parameters like room size, required sound levels, budget range, etc., each brand tries to compensate with these requirements by providing multiple options.
Therefore, we have included a decent variety in our picks so that you can find at least a couple of suitable picks from our list. If you need any help while selecting one, you can refer to our buying guide for the best JBL soundbars in India. Although, here are some of our favorite picks from the article that might be an ideal choice for you as well.
If you own a large living room and are willing to fill your room with sound, the JBL Bar Deep Bass Soundbar will be an excellent choice for you. This variant has a massive 300 watts sound capacity which is unmatched by any other pick from our list. Also, it features a powerful bass unit that can be wirelessly paired with the soundbar to avoid wiring issues.
Even within an affordable budget range, you can get yourself a premium soundbar from JBL. The JBL Bar Studio is a perfect example of that as it also features wireless connectivity along with a dual bass port on the unit. Although, it is only suitable for compact rooms as it has a maximum sound capacity of 30 watts only.
Our last recommendation would be the most value for the money option from our picks which is the Infinity (JBL) Sonic B200WL soundbar. It delivers the best specifications for its price with a maximum sound capacity of 160 watts. It also includes a wireless subwoofer that is quite rare to find in this price range.