A pressure cooker is a perfect kitchen appliance that accompanies to your healthy cooking efforts in your home. It allows you to use less time and water than traditional cooking types, retains the natural flavor of food, a cleaner kitchen without mess, and cook food without exposing to air. All these will make you have healthy and tasty food within minutes.
To enjoy this, you have to consider a few key factors when you purchase a pressure cooker.
Capacity – Mainly, it depends on the size of your family. For instance, a small family with 3 – 4 members require 3 liters capacity. If having 5 – 7 members then 5 liters capacity is sufficient to cook. So, choose it wisely as per your family size.
Types – Based on the material, there are 3 types of pressures available – Anodized Aluminum, Stainless Steel & Aluminum. Among them, most prefer to use anodized aluminum and stainless steel, as they are durable, non-reactive and non-corrosion.
Also, make sure to check with other factors like handles, lid, dishwasher safe, induction/gas compatibility, price, etc., which are explained in the below Buying Guide. Go through some of the best-selling pressure cookers in India for an easy selection.
Best Pressure Cookers in India
|Hawkins Contura Black Pressure Cooker||5 liters||Hard Anodized Aluminum||5 years|
|Prestige Svachh 20255 Pressure Cooker||5 liters||Stainless Steel||10 years|
|Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker||5.5 liters||Stainless Steel||5 years|
|AmazonBasics Pressure Cooker||4 liters||Stainless Steel||1 year|
|Borosil Pronto Pressure Cooker||5 liters||Stainless Steel||5 years|
|Pigeon by Stovekraft Deluxe Cooker||5 liters||Aluminum||5 years|
|ELGI Ultra Diet Cooker||8 liters||Stainless Steel||10 years|
Best Pressure Cookers in India Reviews
A pressure cooker is a compulsory kitchen appliance, which results in the emerging of various brands and products in Indian Market. To help you find out the best one, we came up with 7 Best-selling pressure cookers after thorough research. Look at them and select your best one, as per your requirement.
1. Hawkins Contura CB50 Black Pressure Cooker:
Hawkins is a popular Indian company that manufactures pressure cooker and cookware. This Hawkins Contura pressure cooker is one amazing product among their varied product range. It is durable, beautiful black finish by 60 microns thick cooker and comes with various features.
- Body – This 5-litre pressure cooker has hard anodized all over (inside and outside) with a stainless-steel lid, which ensures durability and hygiene. It has a black finish given by 60-microns thick hard anodizing.
- Shape – Its curvature body shape with rounded sides will provide – easy to stir during cooking, prevent food from sticking and easy to clean.
- Nutritional Value – This hard-anodized aluminum pressure uses less water to cook/prepare a meal and thus preserves the nutritional value of the food.
- Hard-Anodized Benefits – It makes cooker absorb heat faster, makes it energy efficient & stays new for a longer time. Also, it is less reactive with acids/juices in various foods.
- Pressure Locked Safety Lid – The inner type of lid won’t open until the pressure inside the cooker fallen to a safe level.
- Perfect Sealing – The lid handlebar is attached to the lid to ensures perfect sealing of the lid with a rim of cooker body. Also, has a long-lasting gasket that won’t cut/scraped/rubbed.
- Handles – It comes with sturdy, stay-cool handles make you easy and comfortable to hold while cooking and protects you from excessive heat.
- Compatibility – Works only on gas stoves rather than induction cooktops.
- Other Features – Superior Pressure Regulation System, Automatic Safety Valve, Fixed Sturdy Pivot, Cookbook & Certified by UL.
- Warranty – 5 years against any manufacturing defects.
- Preserves nutrition value of food.
- 5 liters capacity that serves 6 members easily.
- Hard anodized aluminum with stainless steel lid.
- Dishwasher safe
- Stay-cool handles with long-lasting gasket.
- Compatible only on a gas stove but not induction.
- Cleaning is a bit difficult task.
2. Prestige Svachh 20255 Deep Pressure Pan:
Prestige is the largest kitchen appliance brand with the widest network of service centers in India. The Prestige manufactures pressure cooker that operates in both the inner lid and outer lid and clip-on cooker market. This Deluxe Alpha Svachh Pressure cooker is perfect for any kitchen with its best features.
- Body – This 5-liter pressure cooker is made with best quality stainless steel that ensures durability. With its unique Alpha base, it is designed for even distribution of heat and ideal for 5 – 7 persons.
- Unique Deep Lid – Its deep lid with spillage control prevent froth from flowing down the cooker.
- Cool Touch Weight – Ensures your fingers won’t burn while touching the weight and has sturdy handles to hold it with ease.
- Wide Anti-Bulge Base – Cooks food 15% faster with its optimized wide base. Its anti-bulge base will let you enjoy long-lasting utility.
- Unique Pressure Indicator – The built-in safety mechanism will make the lid won’t open unless the pressure level falls to zero and safe to open the cooker.
- Compatibility – Works well on both gas or induction cooktops.
- Other Features – Mini Metallic Safety Plug, Controlled Gasket-Release System, Unique Alpha Base, Outer Lid, & Dishwasher Safe.
- Warranty – 10 years on any manufacturing defects. For any queries, contact their customer care on 1800-123-334411.
- High toughness and durability.
- Easy locking mechanism with pressure indicator.
- Stainless steel body with unique deep lid.
- Suitable on both induction and gas stove.
- Offers 3 level safety system – gasket release system, metallic safety plug & precision weight valve.
- Slightly heavy to hold and hard to close the lid.
- A few reported that rice sometimes gets stick to the bottom.
3. Butterfly Curve Pressure Cooker:
Butterfly is another established brand in India in home appliances field. This curve stainless steel pressure cooker is one of the leading products with its elegant design, performance and top features.
- Body & Lid – This 5.5-liter pressure cooker is made with food-grade stainless steel for safe and healthy cooking. Its curved body with an outer lid will make it easy to stir and cook.
- Safety Plug – Safety support device on the lid will release pressure when the vent pipe gets blocked.
- Gasket Release System – Another safe outlet for pressure to prevent hazard situations, if the main pressure valve fails to work due to any blockages.
- Handle & Gasket – Special lock arrangement for unidirectional rotation and has an easy grip and stay-cool handles. Food grade silicone gasket that lasts longer.
- Weight Set – Perfectly designed weight set to regulate the steam pressure and cook food properly.
- Compatibility – Has an aluminum thermal base that makes it compatible with gas stove and induction cooktop.
- Other Features – Thick Aluminum Base, Uni-Lock Mechanism, & Peel Proof design.
- Warranty – 5 years on any manufacturing defects.
- Gasket release system
- Easy to handle and clean
- ISO certified to assure safety & quality
- Induction base
- Stainless steel body and lid.
- Handle’s quality is not up to the mark.
- A bit expensive product.
4. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel 4L Pressure Cooker:
Everyone is aware of this brand AmazonBasics. Since a few years, the Amazon brand has ventured into providing some home appliances and electronics. This stainless-steel pressure cooker will combine heat, steam, and pressure that trap moisture, nutrients and flavor for great tasting results.
- Body & Lid – This 4-liter pressure cooker is made of food-grade stainless steel with an outer lid to ensure stability & durability. It has three layers, inside and outside layer is made with stainless steel & middle is from aluminum for even heat distribution.
- Faster Cooking – Cooks food faster than other pressure cookers. So, one can prepare lunch or dinner shortly. Thus, makes it energy efficient and saves your cooking time.
- Pressure Levels – It provides two cooking pressure levels – 50kPa (gentle cooking) & 90kPa (fast cooking).
- Backlite Handles – Comes with securely connected Bakelite handles and safely used on all heat sources.
- Maintains Nutrients – Uses less water during the cooking process and thereby results in tenderizes food faster without loss of valuable nutrients.
- Pressure Indicator/Safety Valve – The safety valve will check the inside pressure automatically. It let you know when to open the lid safely. The valve will emit overpressure automatically to ensure safe operation.
- Compatibility – Suitable for all heat sources, flame, including induction and ceramic stovetops.
- Other Features – Handy Water-Level Indicator, Quiet Operation, Dishwasher Safe, Wide Flat Base, & Energy Efficient.
- Warranty –A 1-year warranty on any manufacturing defects. For any queries, contact their customer service at 1800-419-0416.
- 2 cooking pressure levels – 50kpa & 90 kpa.
- 4-liter capacity with 22 cm diameter.
- Cooks food faster and maintain nutrients.
- Water level indicator & secure bakelite handles.
- Suitable & compatible for all heat sources.
- Quiet operation
- Stainless steel body and lid.
- Leaking issue and not a user-friendly cooker.
- The quality of the product is not up to the mark.
5. Borosil Pronto Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker:
Borosil is a leading manufacturer for glassware and microwavable kitchenware in India. They entered into the kitchen appliance industry and gaining its popularity. This pressure cooker will make your everyday cooking easier and faster.
- Body & Lid – This 5-liter pressure cooker (inner & lid) is made with food-grade stainless steel. It won’t leach any chemicals into food and won’t rust or corrode over time.
- Thick Encapsulated Base – With its unique 7 mm thick anti-bulge base is made with 3 layers, inner stainless-steel layer, middle aluminum core (even heating) and outer induction friendly bottom.
- Safety Valve – The safety valve under the handle will lock the lid till the steam is deflected downwards safely. Also, keep the gasket from getting cut/rub/scrap when opened/closed.
- Energy-Efficient Cooking – The base will absorb and retain the heat for a longer time and thus aids in faster cooking by consuming less fuel/power.
- Other Features – Sturdy & Stay Cool Bakelite Handles, Preserves Heat Sensitive Nutrients, ISI Certified, Available in Various Sizes, Capsule Bottom, Long-Lasting Gasket, Pressure Locked Safety Lid & Dishwasher Safe.
- Compatibility – Works on all heat sources like gas, halogen, induction, electric and ceramic cooktops.
- Warranty – 5 years on the product against any manufacturing defects. For any queries, contact them on 1800-120-8499.
- Stainless steel body built for safety & durability.
- Unique 7mm thick encapsulated base
- 5-liters capacity will let you serve 6 – 7 members.
- Compatible on all heat sources.
- Cooks food quickly, healthily, and easily.
- A bit heavy to hold.
6. Pigeon by Stovekraft Deluxe Aluminum Pressure Cooker:
Pigeon is another popular Indian brand with a wide range of kitchen cookware and pressure cookers. This Deluxe pressure cooker is designed with the best food-grade alloy and robust quality to make it as an ideal companion for safe and healthy cooking.
- Body & Lid – This 5-liter is made with high-grade virgin aluminum alloy that retains nutritional value and cook food safely and healthy.
- Handle & Gasket – Ergonomic handle will ensure a better grip and let you cook food with ease. The nitrile gasket vent comes with a safety valve to remove excess pressure if the main pressure fails to work due to blockage.
- Metallic Safety Plug – It ensures safe and easy cooking experience.
- Stain Resistant – Build with the stain-resistant for an easy to clean and ease usage along with high durability.
- Anti-Deflecting Bottom – It will increase thermal efficiency and reduces fuel consumption.
- Other Features – Precision Weight Valve, Easy to Clean, Tough Wall, Gasket Release System, & Dishwasher Safe.
- Compatible – Used only on the gas stovetop rather than induction.
- Warranty – 5 years on the product against any manufacturing defects.
- Made with food-grade virgin aluminum for durability.
- Stain-resistant to clean it with ease.
- Anti-deflecting bottom with a thick base.
- Ergonomic handles and sturdy design.
- Non-induction base – not compatible with induction.
- Won’t have sturdy handles.
7. ELGI Ultra Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker:
Ultra is another popular brand for Kitchen appliance. This ELGI Ultra pressure cooker is an innovative solution that gives healthy food with traditional cooking benefits on modern convenience. It is available in various sizes and has user-friendly features.
- Body & Lid – This 8-liter pressure cooker is made with 304-grade stainless steel that ensures durability and lasts longer with rust-free design.
- Starch Remover – To remove excess starch and thus reduce 30 calories from every meal to provide healthy food.
- Fast Cooking – Its high-impact bonded base, it aids in faster cooking. Also, it helps to prevent burning and sticking of food.
- Satin Finish – The inner non-stick satin finish will make it easy to clean and use.
- Stay Warm for Longer – Keep food warm and fresh for up to 2 hours.
- Other Features – Heat Resistant Bakelite Handles, Twin Screws, Diet Cooker, & Anti-Charring Uniform Cooking Property.
- Compatibility – Works on both induction and gas stove cooktop.
- Warranty – It comes with a 10 years warranty on any manufacturing defects. The warranty won’t cover the starch strainer.
- Made out of high-quality stainless-steel material
- Heat resistant bakelite handles with twin screws.
- Starch strainer to strain starch.
- Keeps food warm for over 2 hours.
- Anti-Charing bonded base.
- Comes in various size variants.
- Clean is somewhat a bit difficult.
- A few reported that it is hard to open the lid.
Buying Guide for Pressure Cookers in India:
A pressure cooker is a handy kitchen appliance that reduces your cooking time, uses less water to cook food and retain nutrients. So, one has to know what factors to consider while purchasing and how to grab a perfect pressure cooker.
Based on the material, there are three different types of pressure cookers and each has its own set of pros and cons. They are aluminum, stainless steel, & hard-anodized aluminum pressure cooker. Among them, most people prefer to choose hard anodized as their best.
- Aluminum Pressure Cooker – A good conductor of temperature and provides even heating to cook food quickly and easily. These are affordable, durable, and lightweight. The main drawback is that they may reactive to acidic ingredients and not corrosion-resistant.
- Stainless Steel – A sturdy material that holds high temperature and let you cook any type of dishes perfectly. A bit expensive yet durable than aluminum type. It is healthy, corrosion-resistant and non-reactive cookware. The drawback is that it is not a good heat conductor and a little heavy to hold.
- Hard-Anodized Aluminum – It has an added layer of aluminum oxide to make it non-toxic, non-staining, non-reactive, non-corrode, and quick cooking. It is sturdy, durable and lightweight that looks stylish. The drawback is that it is expensive and won’t use metal scrubs for cleaning.
The capacity/size of the pressure cooker depends on the number of family members. In general, the size ranges from 0.5 to 12 liters. For instance, if you want to cook for 2 – 4 members then opt for a 3-litre model, for baby food, go with 1 – 1.5 liters model, and for 5 – 7 members, choose above 5 litres cooker.
Lids & Handles:
Always prefer to have a sturdy cool to touch handles, why because the weight of cooker after cooking food is a bit heavier to hold. So, need to check the handles and ensure its length and sturdiness. Also, check it should have handles on both sides of the cooker for easy holding.
Coming to Lid, there are two models available – inner lid and outer lid. For most models, the cooker with less capacity has an inner lid type. Whereas for greater capacity, use outer lid types. Most experts suggest that a pressure cooker with an inner lid is considered safe, as it comes with a perfect lock mechanism.
Safe and healthy cooking is essential. Cooking involves a lot of heat, pressure, etc. So, the cooker you’re choosing should be safe with hassle-free operation. Prefer to choose an ISI mark and other safety certified, as they assure you to safe to cook and consume. Also, it should be non-reactive to acids in the food while cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A pressure cooker is one kitchen appliance which we can’t place directly without knowing whether it is dishwasher safe or not. Most of the hard-anodized pressure cookers are not dishwasher safe when compared with stainless steel or aluminum models. But make sure to check out for details mentioned as dishwasher safe on the product before purchasing it.
Here are some of the benefits we can grab by using a pressure cooker. It cooks food faster than normal cooking, preserves nutritional value in your food, keeps the flavor of the food, and safe to use in the kitchen without any mess.
Yes, it is. But make sure to choose the one which is not reactive to acids and acts as a high conductor of heat to ensure nutrients. For this, you can use either hard anodized or stainless-steel pressure cookers rather than aluminum.
We hope the above buying guide and products will help you in selecting the best pressure cooker that perfectly suits your needs. Our best pick from the above list of products is Hawkins Contura CB50 Black Pressure Cooker. It is made of hard-anodized aluminum with stainless-steel lid, long-lasting durability, safety, dishwasher safe, stay cool sturdy handles, and 5 years of warranty.
Which one you’re going to buy and why? Do let us know in the below comments section.